Marketing Manager Job Description
Do you like Mad Men? So do we. We also like Arrested Development but it doesn’t mean we want to open a banana stand. Marketing isn’t like Mad Men anymore.
Magneti is looking for a marketing professional to fill the role of Marketing Manager. Marketing Managers will work in collaboration with the Magneti Account Managers to deliver top end marketing strategy and implementation for regional, national, and global customers. This role is similar to a project manager at many organizations, but requires additional depth and experience in marketing chops and execution.
At Magneti, we hire leaders in every role. Leaders create momentum, plow through bottlenecks or roadblocks, take ownership of the situation, and creatively problem-solve how to continually move things forward even when the situation isn’t ideal. If that sounds like you, let us know.
Magneti is a digital marketing agency based in Colorado. We are laser-focused on helping our clients grow by better understanding their audiences and effectively making connections between them. We are digital-first marketers who chase problems upstream. Our four-phase approach covers research, brand, website, and marketing.
In the past couple of years, Magneti was honored with the following accolades:
- Top Digital Marketing Company: Selected as the top digital marketing company in Colorado by Colorado Business Magazine
- Listed on the Inc. 5000 for 2018 and 2019: Inc. Magazine’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the country
- Best Companies To Work For: Finalist in smallest business category, hosted by Colorado Business Magazine
- Entrepreneur 360: Entrepreneur Magazine’s list of best 360 small companies in the country
About the Position
Marketing Managers thrive using three core skillsets:
- Project Management – effectively moving projects forward using team resources, personal marketing chops, and any scrappy resources you can find
- Client Management – comfortably navigate the dynamic with clients via clear and helpful written and verbal communications
- Marketing Management – using modern digital marketing models, funnels, strategies, tactics to drive client results
Marketing Managers will:
- Utilize strong skills in marketing strategy and implementation tactics
- Loathe incompetence
- Manage projects, delivery timelines, and logistics
- Apply marketing fundamentals in strategy, analytics, digital and traditional marketing
- Obsess over delivering amazing work to our amazing clients
- Provide administrative support as directed by an Account Managers
- Create a supportive, friendly and professional atmosphere in the office
- Live and breathe Magneti’s “Three Laws of Gravity”: 1) Overcommunicate 2) Nail the Details 3) Have Fun
- Work with the Magneti team to assist in daily operations and respond where support is needed
Background, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required at Minimum:
- General office skills such as scheduling, handling phone calls, email and customer service
- Proven experience managing marketing campaigns including product, persona, promotional mix dynamics
- Ability to interact with clients
- Rigorous attention to detail
- “Lean in” attitude: drive and own things
- Flexible nature with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/activities simultaneously
- Consistency; be productive and positive despite hectic weeks
- Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy (ideally Mac proficiency); Photoshop/design skills preferred
- Digital tech savvy including cloud-based platforms including CMSes, CRMs, and other digital marketing tools and technologies
- Strong administrative, detail and follow-up skills
- HubSpot or other automation experience a plus
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Be highly motivated, mature and eager to be part of the Magneti team
- Ability to maintain focus on priorities among multiple assigned tasks in a dynamic work environment
This position is a full-time, salaried position with access to Magneti’s full set of benefits including health insurance, PTO, remote-first work. For a full description of benefits visit THIS page.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any other compelling materials showing your marketing chops and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.