Magneti is looking for a marketing professional to fill the role of part-time Graphic Designer. This Designer will work in collaboration with the Magneti account team to deliver top-end marketing materials for regional, national, and global customers. This role will report to our VP of Brand.
We obsess over culture. Our entire team lives by our “Three Laws of Gravity”: 1) Over-communicate 2) Nail the details and 3) Have fun. Bottom line – Magneti’s an awesome place to be, and we love growing our team.
At Magneti, we hire leaders in every role. Leaders create momentum, plow through bottlenecks or roadblocks, take ownership of the situation, and creatively problem-solve how to continually move things forward even when the situation isn’t ideal. If that sounds like you, let us know.
Magneti is a digital marketing + branding agency based in Colorado. We are laser-focused on helping our clients grow by better understanding their audiences and effectively making connections between them. We are digital-first marketers who chase problems upstream. Our four-phase process covers research, brand, websites, and marketing.
In the past couple of years, Magneti was honored with the following accolades:
- Top Digital Marketing Company: Selected as the top digital marketing company in Colorado by Colorado Business Magazine
- Listed on the Inc. 5000 for 2018 and 2019: Inc. Magazine’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the country
- Best Companies To Work For: Finalist in smallest business category, hosted by Colorado Business Magazine
- Entrepreneur 360: Entrepreneur Magazine’s list of best 360 small companies in the country
About the Role
Graphic Designers thrive with skills in three categories:
- Production Excellence (self)– deep knowledge of design, UI/UX, and all things creative. You love to bring ideas to life visually, know the tools to use, and all the little tips and tricks to make that smooth and efficient. You love making things look, sound, and feel beautiful using digital production tools.
- Client Results Orientation (client) – obsessed with our clients’ business needs, KPIs, and finding killer solutions to deliver those outcomes. A deep empathy for the daily life of our clients and why we’re hired to help them. Understand the pain points and needs of a client, then map that into epic design deliverables.
- Team Integration (team) – This person will be brought into nearly every client at Magneti, will work with lots of teammates, and will be flexible and focused on making their teammates and clients look like rockstars.
Graphic Designers at Magneti possess or do the following:
- Must love clarity, cleanliness, and removing friction
- Must effortlessly think in informational hierarchies
- Must make what could be cluttered beautiful and what could be dense scan-able
- Must be able to take parts and make meaning and beauty
- Deep, hands-on knowledge of and experience working with principles of design, including: layout, typography, color, informational hierarchies, composition (as well as current design trends)
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency
- Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to learn from and handle critiques from clients and teammates
- Must be able to take direction, as well as conceptualize, design and organize marketing projects on your own when needed
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational / communication skills
- Ability to richly communicate their strategic reasons for their creative choices, #showyourwork
- Ability to source photography to match the creative brief
- Ability to match brand styles and innovate within visual guidelines
- Eager adherence to copyright, trademark and licensing laws
- Adobe suite inside and out. Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
- Other online creation tools such as Canva
- Tools to support sales and marketing including powerpoint templates
- Capacity to quickly try and learn new production tools
- Must understand how design can make marketing work, making ideas instantly grab-able, value unmistakable, and CTAs unmissable
- Additional skills
- Ability to design web pages w/ UX in mind
- Ability to think w/ client team about specs and formats when creating inventory
- Has designed for: web, email, social, print, etc. — and optimal formats and techniques for each
- Consistently apply and enforce style / brand guidelines
- Strong experience with image compression, file correction and optimization techniques
Desire to work with our
- Expert branding team and leverage principles of design to build visual systems that are AAMD: authentic, aspirational, meaningful, and differentiated
- Expert digital team and leverage principles of design to drive digital KPIs like conversion rates
- Lead Designer as a partner on all production work
- 5+ yrs designing for a marketing team preferred, especially an agency
- 5+ years designing for digital marketing environments preferred
Background, knowledge, skills for all Magneti teammates:
- Ability to interact with clients (although this is not an account manager or marketing manager role)
- Obsess over delivering amazing work to our amazing clients
- Rigorous attention to detail
- “Lean in” attitude: drive and own things
- Flexible nature with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/activities simultaneously
- Consistency; be productive and positive despite hectic weeks
- Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- General office skills such as scheduling, handling phone calls, email and customer service
- Computer literacy (ideally Mac proficiency)
- Digital tech-savvy and comfort on new platforms as needed
- Strong administrative, detail and follow-up skills
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Be highly motivated, mature and eager to be part of the Magneti team
- Ability to maintain focus on priorities among multiple assigned tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Loathe incompetence
- Utilize strong skills in marketing strategy and implementation tactics
- Create a supportive, friendly and professional atmosphere with the team and clients
- Live and breathe Magneti’s “Three Laws of Gravity”: 1) Overcommunicate 2) Nail the Details 3) Have Fun
- And also live by Magneti’s “Other three laws”: 4) Make your teammates look like rockstars 5) Teach and be teachable and 6) Solve problems.
This position is a part-time, 1099 position and is not eligible for Magneti’s benefits. This role is for half-time (20hrs per week) for a duration of four months. We would like for the role to grow into full-time, salary, benefits-eligible if Magneti continues to grow — or to extend the term beyond the initial four months.
This role will pay depending on experience. Monthly rate likely $2,000-$3,200/month for half-time (20hrs/wk) depending on experience and candidate pool requirements.
Because this is a contractor position, the candidate must provide their own equipment for the job duties including: laptop/computer, stable internet connection, phone, software, plus equipment and setting for teleconferencing. If this role ever converts to full-time W2, Magneti will provide a computer and software.
Please send a resume, portfolio, and any other compelling materials showing your design chops to firstname.lastname@example.org.