Exciting news is buzzing in the business community – Google has pledged to offer $340 million in ad credits to small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) as part of an $800 million package to combat the effects of the coronavirus. These credits will attempt to help shoulder the burden that many companies are facing, allowing them to stay in touch with customers throughout the pandemic.
We’ll keep you posted as questions are answered and details are revealed. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back for frequent updates!
Update on Google Ad Credits Rollout – May 29, 2020:
- New information has been released about ad credits for SMBs
- Phase 1 of the credits rollout began on May 27th
- Qualifying advertisers in New Zealand will be the first recipients
- Rollouts will continue over the next several weeks
- Advertisers that qualify will be notified and see the credit in their account
- The amount of the ad credit will vary by advertiser, based on historical spend
- The credit maximum is $1,000 US dollars (or the equivalent in the currency of the account)
- Reminder that credits will expire December 31st, 2020
Update on Google Ad Credits – April 21, 2020:
- Google has created a support page dedicated to answering questions on the SMB Ad credits
- Eligibility clarification: Companies will need to have spent with a Google Ads account either directly or through a partner (like Magneti) in 10 out of 12 months in 2019, AND in Jan and/or Feb of 2020 to get the credits. Eligibility is automatic – no need to apply or take action.
- Timeline: SMB Ad credits will roll out in phases, beginning in late May. They can be used any time through December 31, 2020
- The credits can be applied to on any Google Ads channel — Search, Display and YouTube — and any campaign type
- If advertisers have multiple eligible accounts they manage under one manager account, each eligible will receive its own ad credit
- No specifics yet, but the size of the ad credit will vary based on past spend and where the account (country, currency) is set up
What We Know So Far – April 1, 2020:
- $340 million in Google Ad credits will go to small and medium-sized businesses
- Businesses with Google Ads account that has been active since January 2019 will be eligible
- Credit notifications will appear in Google Ads accounts in the coming months
- Credits can be used at any point until the end of 2020 across Google’s advertising platforms
More specifics about how to access the utilize these credits will be shared in the coming weeks. We hope this gives your organization some optimism in these uncertain times, and we look forward to helping our clients roll this out!
If you need help managing your Google accounts, let us know. It’s literally our day jobs.